Friday, September 2, 2011

The fair

So near me there is this big state fair going on. The evergreen state fair. On the first there was one republic playing, i didnt go to that. But today the rock fest is going on. And me and my friend jo are going to hit that. Featuring Jar of Rain, Arisen From Nothing, Quickie, Nether, Syztem 7, Klover Jane, Superfekta and RiverBend. So this is going to be fun! And on top of that my mother is working a booth there for her business! And we are going to help her with it as it is a lot of work for just her to try and do... We have free tickets so it wont cost us a penny to get in, but being at a fair we all know how overly priced EVERY thing is. I mean really? 10$ for a bottle of water and a hotdog??? Oh well...
And on top of that i wanted to share this book with everyone. Its called cut by Patricia McCormick. Its about a girl who struggles with self harm and is sent to  rehab camp. The reason i really like this book is cuz i have had a few friends in the same potion as her. One or more of my friends have tried to kill themselves. So i shared this book with them and they all really enjoyed it. It a shot 100 page book or something, but its really powerful. It helped one of my close friends to learn to not self harm. It speaks to you in a way. Its wrote so your the therapist helping her. And i really liked that. Its make so you feel like you are helping her. I will give you the summery:
"A tingle arced across my scalp. The floor tipped up at me and my body spiraled away. Then I was on the ceiling looking down, waiting to see what would happen next." Callie cuts herself. Never too deep, never enough to die. But enough to feel the pain. Enough to feel the scream inside. Now she's at Sea Pines, a "residential treatment facility" filled with girls struggling with problems of their own. Callie doesn't want to have anything to do with them. She doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone. She won''t even speak. But Callie can only stay silent for so long...
Its just very well made. It speaks to me in a way i never knew a book could. And i red this really so i can find out why, or how people who do hurt them selves. It helped me to help my friends. Thank you Patricia McCormick!
 Well thats it for now. Love you blog!

0 Comments: